Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Time Flies

Time Flies by;
It's too quick for my eye,
Days sneak away,
they're so fast.
They make the past
So vast.


So sometimes I forget
That I'm older now
Than I was a year ago
That I'm more knowledgeable now
Than I was a month ago;
That I'm more experienced now
Than I was a week ago;
That I am different now
Than I was a day ago.


I wish I could savor
The change,
Appreciate
The passing.
I cannot.


Time flies by,
too fast for my eye
So I don't know
The difference
In myself
Now and Then
In an hour and a week,
In a day and I year.


I wish I could.


This is about how you change so fast, how you can look back, even briefly, and see that you're a different, changed person, even after a small amount of time. I was inspired to write this poem when I saw a quote in a library that matched my thoughts exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment